Saturday, December 1, 2012

Countdown to the Christmas...


Well, I made it past my birthday and had a wonderful celebration with my sweetie yesterday.  I know some people don't like celebrating birthdays as they start to get up there, moving from one aged group to the next until one day you wake up, smack dab in the middle of what could be considered nothing less than middle aged!  But I'm of the opinion that any opportunity to celebrate with loved ones and to revel in the wonderfulness of life and the fact that we've made it as far as we have is a good thing. 

Each year, I say goodbye to more and more friends, many of whom are only my age... and I think about all the things I still want to be doing with my life and that I hope to have time to do before my time runs out... so bring on the years... as long as I have birthdays to celebrate, I'll be dancing them into the dawn!

And now I'm ready to start the countdown to all the celebrations between now and the new year... Right after which, I'll ring in the near year, too!  Happy holiday season to one and all!

Linking to Show and Tell Saturdays at Artists in Blogland!

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love celebrations...even birthdays ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of sassifras tree, there is much to celebrate in the world, especially your snow scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Molly! And I love your trees!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your outlook on life and i love the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Happy Belated Birthday to you, Molly. (I thinkBELATED is my favorite holiday.)
    One of the things that makes the coming of the dark bearable is the many holidays we can celebrate. Santa Lucia Day, which is very big in Sweden, is coming December 8. One of the neat things about having no religious inclinations at all is that we can celebrate them for what they are...A time of Peace, Joy and Happiness.
    You are terrific to keep posting every day and I am loving your work............*s*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful painting and colors and beautiful and so full of love approach to life. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...